Yaddo is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the varied work of our Communications department in our Saratoga Springs, NY, office. Reporting to the Director of Communications, this full-time, in-office position is an integral part of our team, working on administrative projects across the organization and providing assistance on various marketing and public affairs strategies.
This position is a good match for someone who:
- Is looking for an entry-level position in arts administration
- Enjoys social media, writes like a dream, and has an eye for good design and cohesive branding
- Has stellar content-creation skills
- Wrangles every devil in the details
- Lives for art and the people who make art
- Communicates clearly, with kindness and respect
- Functions well in a deadline-driven environment
- Assist with print publications, including Yaddo News and Annual Report as well as promotional materials, including some writing, photo research and design
- Aids in multimedia content creation across all digital platforms, including website, social media, mass emails, podcast and other platforms
- Organizes and maintains photo archive and public affairs files on the server
- Schedules and organizes podcast segments, requests interviews, coordinates studio and equipment use; contributes ideas and content for podcast
- Supports the work of the Director of Communications with daily tasks
- Supports the work of the Yaddo Office in Saratoga Springs, including answering phones and assisting other departments as needed
- Supports the work of Yaddo as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in an administrative capacity
- Passion for the arts and familiarity with non-profit organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills: Ability to interact with senior leadership, Yaddo artists, and the Yaddo Board with ease and confidence
- Good project management skills working with colleagues in multiple office locations as well as outside service providers
- Can-do spirit, energetic, flexible demeanor, sense of humor
- Experience with digital media, website development, and social media strategy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) required, familiarity with Raiser’s Edge software, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Pro Tools a plus
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position working in our Saratoga Springs, NY, office. A competitive benefits package is available. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with some occasional after-hours and weekend work required for special events.
Please send the following to Kristy Albano via email firstname.lastname@example.org; include “Communications Assistant” in the subject line: Cover letter, resume, three references, with phone numbers and email addresses. Only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls, please. Only final candidates will be contacted.
Not only is Yaddo an equal opportunity employer—we will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for residency on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state, or local law—we strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds underrepresented in arts and culture to apply.